A history of patches is useful to look up what has been changed lately and when did a brilliant feature first appear ..
Eine Geschichte der Patches is hilfreich um zu sehen, was letztens geändert worden ist und wann ein brilliantes Feature zum ersten Mal erschienen ist ..
GateCentral: DAoC: Patch-History
February 22, 2005 - v1.74I Test Release Notes (follow link please)
February 16, 2005 - v1.74d Release Notes
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue that caused all players to zone (with a loading screen) even if they were bound in the same region.
- The Warlock's realm rank 5 ability, Boiling Cauldron, will no longer create an effect for every target within its radius.
- (Albion) The Spellbound Indigo War Mace now has a Dual Wield bonus instead of a two handed weapon bonus.
- (Midgard) The exit door to a version of the Concealed Guardhouse has been fixed so that players may open it.
February 15, 2005 - v1.74c Release Notes
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue with the /bg groups command that caused the names of members in a group to display the group leader's cluster name instead of their own.
- Fixed a bug where Warlock chambers would not always clear upon the character’s death.
- Fixed an issue reported by players that was causing occasional crashes when right clicking on keep or tower doors.
February 14, 2005 - Hot Fixes (follow link please)
February 11, 2005 - Hot Fixes (follow link please)
February 11, 2005 - v1.74b Release Notes
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- The client will now correctly read your existing, pre-clustering Interface settings on Tristan, Bedevere, and Igraine.
- Fixed an issue causing players to ignore line-of-sight checks in dungeons.
- Spell icons at the top of your screen will once again correctly display colored red when you have immunity to an effect.
- We addressed a number of mouselook and targetting related issues that were reported by players. We will continue to monitor your feedback and bug reports on this issue.
- Defensive procs should once again function correctly.
- Casters will now correctly overwrite their own bladeturn spells, as well as refresh the timer on them when recasting the spells.
- Teleport to house binds will now correctly put you to the correct server's housing zone on clustered servers.
- Fixed an issue having to do with inviting players to a group in the same zone, but on different servers in a cluster (for example, PlayerA in Albion TOA Bors and PlayerB in Albion TOA Palomides).
- The Turn Left/Turn Right keys will no longer act as strafe keys while in mouselook mode. This will be reintroduced in a future version with a toggle option, but this feature is being reverted for players who were dependant on the old functionality.
- The Shaman’s Focus Shield spell, Spirit Shell, will no longer lose focus immediately after the first pulse of the spell.
- The Melos Wave Master and the Skyros Dreadnaught will now drop the Ceremonial Bracers artifact at the correct rate.
- (Catacombs Only) Wearing a helm will no longer cause some Catacombs figures to show an odd facial expression.
February 10, 2005 - Hot Fixes (follow link please)
February 9, 2005 - Hot Fixes (follow link please)
February 9, 2005 - v1.74a Release Notes
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- The Vampiir's Sprint line will now properly overwrite itself when recast by the Vampiir.
- Divine Intervention will now correctly generate aggression on the target of the heal instead of on the caster of the Divine Intervention spell.
- In some rare cases, the door to exit the Concealed Guardhouse in Midgard was not working properly. This has been fixed.
- (Midgard) Axe of the Half orc will now proc correctly.
- (Midgard) Taskmaster Cheri should no longer send you on a task that can’t be completed to kill only 1 risen warrior
- (Bug Fix) Bards and Rangers will now be able to use the Blade style, Kinetic Blade, after performing a successful Lunging Blade.
- (Bug Fix) Armsmen and Paladins will now be able to correctly use the Wolftooth and Liontooth Thrust style chain after performing a successful Ratfang.
- (Bug Fix) Thanes will now be able to use the Siv's Revenge Sword style after completing a successful Ice Storm.
- (Bug Fix) Hunters will now be able to correctly use the Sword style, Rush, after completing a successful Reinforcement.
- (Bug Fix) All items using Incendiary Pyre as it's proc or reactive will now work without the power cost.
- (Bug Fix) The Crown of Glacial Curses now has the appropriate icon.
- (Mordred and Gaheris only) The SI portal merchants now sell scrolls to the old portal locations near Adribard's Retreat, Nalliten, and Connla.
TRIALS OF ATLANTIS NOTES
- Cetus, Runihura, and Medusa will now drop a scroll from Oceanus.
- (Midgard) Cianan's Cataclysmic Trident now has a bonus to spear skill in place of shield skill and a reactionary bonus in place of the blocking bonus.
- (Midgard) Hallbera will now accept tickets to Nittedal from Carlingford.
February 8, 2005 - Hot Fixes (follow link please)
February 8, 2005 - v1.74 Release Notes
Introduction to Server Clustering
- We're happy to announce that this version is the first in a series of patches that introduces server clustering to the game. For this patch, the following servers will be clustered together: Palomides, Iseult, Bors and Gawaine.
- Based on player feedback, the following zones will be clustered and shared: New Frontiers, the Battlegrounds, Darkness Falls, Passage of Conflict and Summoner's Hall. (This means that only one version of these areas, to be shared by all, will be available on a cluster.)
- Clustered servers will maintain separate versions of all other zones, including Trials of Atlantis and Catacombs zones. Players from other servers on the cluster can use the "travel agent" NPCs to migrate to another server, and then travel to that server's non-clustered zones.
- For more information on server clustering, please see the SERVER CLUSTERING section below.
A couple of delays
Because of the high anticipation of server clustering, and based on very successful testing on Pendragon and Hector, we are bringing Server Clustering live earlier than our original date. Because of this, the following two minor features that were going to be in 1.74 are going to be removed for the live version, and will be added in a more complete form in future versions.
- The mood slider, which allows players to give a slight happy or angry expression, will be delayed until a later version.
- The new interface tooltip system will be delayed until a later version, as we expand upon its appearance and usefulness to both new and veteran players.
New Player Help And Other User Friendly Additions
With this version, we're taking even greater strides in making Dark Age of Camelot more friendly to new players, as well as introducing new features for new and old players alike. These features include new combat styles specifically for level 1 characters, more key configuration options, added interface updates and auto-population of the quickbar for newly created characters. To learn more, be sure to check out the INTERFACE UPDATES and CLASS CHANGES AND BUG FIXES sections of the patch notes below.
Darkness Falls Ownership Change
In New Frontiers, keeps generally do not change hands as often as they did in Old Frontiers. This would cause control of Darkness Falls to remain stagnant for days or weeks at a time. In order to help facilitate more of an ebb and flow over Darkness Falls access, and to help bring back the ability of a small number of groups to have an affect on Darkness falls control, we’ve changed the determining factor from having the most keeps, to having the most towers. Darkness Falls will start as neutral (closed to all three realms) when the server comes up from today’s patch and access will be given to the one realm that holds the most towers. Darkness Falls access will not change in the case of a tie between two or three realms, but only when one single realm owns more towers then the other two. For more information, please check out our NEW FRONTIERS NOTES section of the patch notes below.
Herding - A Game Within A Game
We're proud to announce a new adventure within the Dark Age of Camelot world called Herding! This game is very much like the game of hockey where the objective is to score goals against an opposing team. To learn more, please visit the CLASSIC CAMELOT WORLD NOTES section of the patch notes below.
We've made it easier for armorcrafters to hone their skills by providing stackable "linings" for use in crafting armors instead of the traditional cloth or leather armor pieces that were necessary before. Armorcrafters will still rely on tailors to assist them, as tailors are the only crafters who can create these linings, but the entire process of armorcrafting should now be much easier to manage because of this change. More information is available in the TRADESKILL UPDATES section below.
Encounter changes/artifact changes
In order to alleviate some player frustration in not receiving an artifact with a successful completion of an encounter, we have begun adjusting the drop rates so the artifacts will drop with almost every encounter completion. In 1.74 we have adjusted the artifacts that previously had less than a 50% chance to drop. The artifacts affected include Healer's Embrace, Ceremonial Bracer, Crocodile Tear Ring, Band of Stars, Scorpion Tail Ring, Scepter of the Meritorius, Eerie Darkness Stone, Traitor's dagger and Cloudsong. Please note that in some cases the spawn rate for the encounter has been decreased to balance the higher drop rate of the artifacts. See the TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES section below for more information.
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue with the "Inversion" spell (item proc from certain Artifact pieces) where it would not correctly convert spell damage into heals.
- (Bug fix) /played will now display the correct amount of time played.
- Fixed a bug where a bounty quest NPC would not give the bounty item back to the player if the player had completed the bounty quest 20 times (the bounty quest maximum).
- Fixed an issue where some classes were not entering the game with their starting gear equipped.
- Fixed an issue where groups of players doing Instance Kill Task missions would not give credit correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the "/gc logins" setting that would sometimes print a message about a guildmate logging out, but not display their name.
- The delve information for the Warlock’s Spell of Creeping line will now display correctly.
- Fixed an issue that would cause spells that were about to expire (blinking) to continue blinking indefinitely if you recast them to refresh the time remaining.
- (Mordred) Players healing Necromancer pets should now receive the proper aggression from monsters.
- (Catacombs) Taskmasters will now have quest circles under their feet if they can give you tasks.
- (Catacombs) The Hero Stag Form and Berserker Vendo Form will now properly play animations and sound effects when activated.
Catacombs Character Model Adjustments
- We have added several new hairstyles for the following race class combinations: Avalonian Male, Highlander Male, Briton Male, Celt Male, Celt Female, Lurikeen Male, Half Ogre Male, and Saracen Male
- We have added a "scruffy" face detail to the following faces: Briton Male Face 4, Celt Male Face 5, Firbolg Male Face 6, Highlander Male Face 5, Saracen Male Face 4.
- We have added several new tattoos for the Celt male and female Catacombs character models.
To alleviate the problem where lower population servers often do not have enough players logged in simultaneously to foster a stimulating RvR environment, we have developed server clustering. The intent of server clustering is to give players more friends and enemies in RvR, but not change the home server's community unless the players seek to do so.
Traveling to a Clustered Server
- In order to travel between servers, we have added new Channeler NPCs to each of the main cities. These NPCs are the "travel agents" for the realms, which will teleport players between servers in the cluster.
||Tir na Nog
- (Catacombs Client) When a character zones into a new area on a clustered server, the server name is printed in the center of the screen.
Character and Guild Names
- Names currently in existence are not guaranteed to be unique for players or guilds. New characters or guilds created are subject to name duplication restrictions, but existing names are unchanged.
- Newly created guilds are subject to emblem duplication restrictions. Existing guilds with duplicated guild emblems will not be changed.
- If you have two characters with the same name on the cluster, you communicate with them by appending the server name if they are not from your home server. For example: If you have Bob of Palomides and Bob of Bors and you're from Palomides, /send Bob or /send Bob-p will go to Bob of Palomides, and /tell Bob-b will go to Bob of Bors.
- In all chat messages, if a player is from the same server as you, the text you see will remain unchanged. If they are from another server, their name will be printed as "Name-ServerName:" (the same format you would use to /send to them).
- In any shared region kill spam messages, the kill spam will always contain the server name information of the two players (eg: Bob-Pendragon was just killed by PlayerX-Hector).
- Names over the heads of players will display as "Player of Server" to players on other servers in the cluster. Players from your home server will display normally as they always have. Realm Enemies will display normally as they always have (Race and Realm Rank Title).
- Based on player feedback, only New Frontiers, the Battlegrounds, Darkness Falls, Passage of Conflict, and Summoner's Hall will be shared in the server cluster. Trials of Atlantis and Catacombs zones will not be shared. Clustered servers will maintain separate versions of all other zones, including Trials of Atlantis and Catacombs zones - players from other servers on the cluster can use the "travel agent" NPCs to migrate to another server, and then travel to that server's Trials of Atlantis or Catacombs zones.
- Bind points will be server dependent. For example: If you bind at Tir na Nog on Palomides, then go visit Bors and die, you will release to Tir na Nog on Palomides.
- Releasing to your house bind will teleport you to the server the house is located on.
- Characters will only be able to purchase lots on their home server.
- Characters will only be able to join guilds from their own server.
- Guilds will not be able to join in cross-server alliances on their server cluster.
- There is a timer in place to prevent cross-realming characters. After logging a character into one realm on the cluster, you will have to wait eight hours (real world time) before being allowed to log into another realm on that same cluster.
CLASS CHANGES AND BUG FIXES
- All base melee classes in all three realms now have access to level 1 combat styles without having to train. We have also added a level 2 style for these classes in the same lines.
- We have added a new level 1 style for all rogue classes in each realm. These styles are available to new rogues upon logging in and do not require any specialization. For Albion, the new style has been added to the Thrust line; for Hibernia, the Piercing line; and for Midgard, the Sword line. These styles can only be used from stealth and will hit for considerably more damage than a normal level 1 style which does not require use from stealth.
- To address an issue where some shield users (utilizing high shield spec and high levels of Mastery of Blocking), were able to block 100% of the time, the chance to block has been modified to be capped based on the size of the shield and the number of attackers the shield is designed to block. Please note that this cap is very high and will have minimal to no effect on the majority of shield users.
- In some cases, styles with a bleed component have been upgraded to a more level appropriate bleed. This was done because the level 2 styles created for each line were given the lowest available bleed and we didn't want higher level styles to share the same low level bleed.
- Root will now work correctly on controlled pets.
Master Level Ability Changes and Fixes
- The duration of the Speedwarp debuff has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds. The duration of the Speedwarp ward has been reduced from 10 minutes to 5 minutes. The Speedwarp ward's hit points have been significantly reduced.
- Healing from a Sphere of Rejuvenation will now correctly take disease into account.
- Players who are under the effects of Blanket of Camouflage that have an active Divine Intervention spell will now be unstealthed if the Divine Intervention spell heals anyone.
Realm Ability Changes and Fixes
- Spirit Martyr (Spiritmaster RR5 RA) can no longer be used on anything other than your summoned controlled pet.
- Armsmen will now receive a parry reactionary version of the Thrust style, Ratfang.
- The Bainshee's Ethereal-spec nearsight spell line, Abolish Spirit, will now work correctly.
- Bards will now receive an evade reactionary version of the Blade style, Return Blade.
- The Bard spells Rhythm of the Cosmos and Rhythm of the World will now have the correctly colored icons in the spells window.
- The Heretic spell, Heated Embers, now has an icon and is able to be used.
- The Heretic's Diabolic Thorns line of concentration spells should no longer be interruptible while casting.
- Hunters will now receive evade reactionary versions of the Sword styles, Frost Cut and Reinforcement.
- Paladins will now receive a block reactionary version of the Thrust style, Ratfang.
- Rangers will now receive an evade reactionary version of the Blades style, Return Blade.
- Rangers will now receive an evade reactionary version of the Celtic Dual style, Tornado.
- Reaver Lifetap change: In 1.72, we added code to set certain spells from different lines to be affected by the same recast timer. We then went through the spell lines, setting some spells to be immune to this change. The reaver's Lifetap spells were given immunity, but should not have been. This patch will make the 1.72 code apply to the reaver and put the lifetaps on the same recast timer.
- Thanes will now receive a block reactionary version of the Axe style, Raider.
- Thanes will now receive a block reactionary version of the Sword style, Ice Storm.
- The Valkyrie's Odin's Aura spell line is now correctly set to Spirit damage, instead of Energy damage.
- Vampiirs will lose all their effects (buffs or otherwise) on becoming a Vampiir at level 5.
- The Vampiir's Sprint line will now properly overwrite itself when recast by the Vampiir.
- There was a bug causing all of the Vampiir's self-haste buffs to be less than their intended value. This has been fixed.
- Vampiir attribute change: Vampiir spells were not being sufficiently affected by the strength attribute. This was a bug, and has been corrected. The change to Vampiir spells will be minimal, though vampiirs will now see changes in their spells as their strength decreases or increases.
- Vampiirs now have a 15% cap on how much power they receive from resurrection spells.
- Vampiirs will no longer be affected by any items/spells that are "power heals" - for example, Jacina's Sash level 10 ability.
- (PvE and PvP only) Vampiirs can no longer be the targets of Power Transfer spells.
- The Warlock's Greater Bolt of Havoc spell is now correctly set to do Matter damage.
- The Warlock's Spell of Creeping line should now delve correctly to the target as a snare.
- The Warlock's Spell of Creeping "frog" shape change can no longer be shift-right click removed. However, it can now be purged.
- Fixed an issue where Warlocks who were mesmerized/stunned while chambering a spell could not use Purge.
- Moving after loading a warlock primer spell will now prevent the secondary spell from being fired.
- Friars who have previously chosen to become Tailors or Alchemists may now speak to Edie Wharton in Camelot City to switch to the Order of Fletchers. Please note that friars will lose all tradeskill points when joining a new Order.
- Metalworking, Clothworking, Leatherworking, & Woodworking: Players may now convert lower tier materials into higher tiers. For example, 20 rowan wooden boards can be changed into 1 elm wooden board. At this time, these conversion recipes are only available for converting up to tier 6 materials. Please note these recipes are not intended for skill increases.
- Armorcraft: Recipes that require Tailor-made cloth or leather armor pieces now require Tailor-made cloth or leather linings instead. Please see the Tailoring section for further details.
- Tailoring: Lining recipes have been added to Tailoring to replace the cloth & leather armor pieces once used in Armorcrafting. Tailors will find they have two types of recipes for producing linings. The first set of recipes will allow a Tailor to take the same quantities of materials used in the corresponding cloth or leather armor piece and create a stackable lining that an Armorcrafter can use. The second set of recipes will allow a Tailor to take a piece of cloth or leather armor that was once used in Armorcrafting and convert it into the appropriate lining. Please note that the recipes for converting armor pieces into linings are not intended for Tailors to earn skill increases.
- Tailoring: Many recipes in Tailoring were missing a clothworking skill level check, as well as a chance to gain skill in Clothworking. This has been corrected, so clothworking skill increases should be easier to earn from Tailoring recipes.
- Alchemy ingredient drops have been increased in all three realms.
- Armorcrafters will now be able to purchase linings from NPC merchants up through the sylvan cloth and embossed leather tiers.
Merchants who sell the new linings:
|Camelot – Kearis
Gothwaite Harbor – Galeava
Anniogel – Carodan
Wearyall Village – Cyllena
Caer Diogel – Bidan
Fort Gwyntell – Lucears
Haven of Oceanus – Feldaris
Haven of Volcanus – Palara
Haven of Aerus – Trears
Haven of Stygia – Mivere
Ruins of Atlantis – Maith
Dinas Emrys (Snowdonia) – Lucana
Catterick Hamlet (Forest Sauvage) – Claune
Inconnu Crypt – Ectur'ak
|Jordheim – Ostusill and Saya
Aegirhamn – Merdandi
Dyrfjell – Njivr
Bjarkan – Madar
Hagall – Breira
Knarr – Skeni
Haven of Oceanus – Ostora
Haven of Volcanus – Veinna
Haven of Aerus – Sieglon
Haven of Stygia – Rina
Ruinerar Atlantis – Vier (also in the Ruins of Atlantis on Gaheris/Mordred)
Godrborg (Uppland) – Thuden
Rensamark (Yggdra Forest) – Loya
Kobold Undercity – Woldera
|Tir na Nog – Dugda
Innis Carthaig – Glerraent
Grove of Domnann – Caraen
Bann-didein – Addrenry
Grove of Aalid Feie – Dinnyn
Necht – Taddyna
Droighaid – Blanyc
Haven of Oceanus – Sedde
Haven of Volcanus – Rharcye
Haven of Aerus – Vannont
Haven of Stygia – Temir
Scrios de Atlantis – Seomir (also in the Ruins of Atlantis on Gaheris/Mordred)
Magh Tuireadh (Mt. Collory) – Voddry
Crair Treflan – Cruachan Gorge
Shar Labyrinth – Deorynne
- Outdoor instanced dungeon entrances have been added to the in-game maps.
- The client will now attempt to auto-populate the quickbar when you first enter the game, and to some degree as you get new abilities up to the level of 5. This feature turns off for characters once they choose an advanced class.
- Players using the Trials of Atlantis client and Shrouded Isles client will now also see messages in the center of their screen for important events (gaining a level, completing a Master Level step) and for entering new towns/zones. Previously this feature was only available to players using the Catacombs client.
- You will now be able to search for Skill Line bonuses for the Catacombs Classes at the Market Explorer.
- Any players who are affected by Damage-Over-Time (DoT) spells that can be cured with Cure Poison will now have their names colored green in the group status window.
- The training window will never appear to level 1 players since players cannot train until level 2.
- The help-tips for new users have been improved and updated to provide better instruction.
- You will now get progress update messages (displayed on the center of the screen) as you complete parts of your task in Instanced Kill Task dungeons (for example, as you kill 1 of the 6 necessary mobs that you need to kill, or when you complete your task entirely).
- (Catacombs Only) When creating a character, we have added a button to auto-spend suggested stat points based on the class you are choosing.
- The commands /bg who, /bg groups, and /bg groupclass will now always show a player's class, even if they have turned on their "/setwho trade" flag.
- /who NF will now list all players in New Frontiers Zones.
- /who BG and /who CG are no longer case sensitive.
KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION UPDATES
New Key Configuration Features
- To give players a wider ranger of keys to use with the QuickBind (/qbind) system, as well as better control in general, we now support using the Alt and Control keys as key modifiers, where previously only Shift was available.
- Because some players already have these keys bound to game actions, you must select (in the Keyboard Config Menu) how you would like Control and Alt to behave -- as keys themselves, or as key modifiers.
- After surveying what players most commonly use as keyboard layouts, we are introducing a new keyboard configuration, the "MMO Default" keyboard layout. It may be selected at any of the keyboard configuration screens.
- Having "Mouse Look" (or the new "Mouse Pan", see below) bound to a mouse key should no longer cause any targeting issues.
- Added the ability to bind a second key to the Run Lock command.
- The Turn Left/Turn Right keys will now act as strafe left/strafe right when you are in mouselook mode.
New Configurable Keys
- Mouse Pan: Setting this to a mouse button allows you to pan around with a single click. Previously you had to hold down Mouselook and the Camera Pan Toggle key.
- Toggle UI: Previously this key was bound to TAB and could not be configured. This is now a configurable key.
- Map Window, Realm War Map Window, and Quest Journal: Allows you to display these windows with a key press.
NEW FRONTIERS NOTES
- If you don't own your own relic, the bonuses window will now correctly display that you have no relic bonuses, even if you own another realm's relics.
- Additional monster camps, mostly consisting of non-aggressive monsters, have been placed throughout the Frontier regions.
- Some additional existing camps in the Frontiers have been increased in density and spawn rate based on player feedback.
- Named monsters in the Frontiers will now drop realm appropriate magic items.
Darkness Falls Ownership
- Darkness Falls ownership is now controlled by the number of towers owned by a given realm, instead of the number of keeps.
- The Realm War Bonuses window will now additionally display the number of towers your own realm holds, and how many towers the realm that controls Darkness Falls holds.
GENERAL QUEST CHANGES
- We have begun the process of adding delve information to quest objects for Classic and Shrouded Isles. In most cases, the delve information will let you know which quest the item is associated with (for items used in more than one quest the delve information simply says it is a quest item and not to destroy it). Quests in the classic zones of Midgard have been updated while we're still working on classic Albion and Hibernia. Shrouded Isles quests in Albion, Midgard, and Hibernia have all been updated. If you encounter a quest item without delve information in one of the updated areas, please report the quest name and item name as a bug.
GENERAL WORLD NOTES
- Teleport destinations from the border keeps, the Shrouded Isle portal merchant, the Trials of Atlantis djinn stones and the Catacombs obelisks have been adjusted so that when teleporting into the main cities players arrive in a location of close proximity to the channeler NPCs.
- Level zero to five monsters are now more vulnerable to elemental damage. This should allow casters a higher chance to kill a monster before it reaches melee range.
CLASSIC CAMELOT WORLD NOTES
Three new people have joined the realms of Albion, Midgard, and Hibernia and they have brought a new sport with them - Herding. In Albion, Pig Herder Stanley has taken up residence in the field south-southwest of Humberton. In Midgard, Tomte Herder Rufus has found a home north-northwest of Fort Atla and in Hibernia, Badger Herder Marcus lives next to Howth. The goal of Herding is simple – be the first team to score three points and win a prize! Now, for the rules:
- There are two teams for Herding, each made up of 5 people. Each player must speak to the Herder for their realm and obtain a colored herding stick to play. Sticks will disappear upon logging out or going link dead.
- When all the sticks have been handed out, players will have one minute to arrange themselves on the field before the game begins.
- When the game begins, the appropriate ‘puck' will spawn for your realm (a piglet, a tomte, or a badger). Players must then herd the puck into the appropriate goal. When the puck passes through the goal posts, a point is scored and the puck will return to the middle of the field.
- Play continues until either three points are scored by one team OR time runs out (15 minutes). Players will receive warning messages when time is growing short.
- When three points have been scored, the field, the puck, and the losers sticks will disappear. The winners will retain their sticks and be invited to speak to the Field Merchant. The Field Merchant will reward players with a small amount of money and a Herding Hat of Victory. Winners should make sure to speak to the Field Merchant before logging out or they will miss out on their reward.
- If time runs out before three points are scored, no victor is declared. The field, the puck and all sticks will disappear and a new game can be started.
- Only players with sticks will be permitted to enter the field once the field barriers have appeared. Everyone else will be magically removed from the field to prevent spectator interference.
- If there are not enough players for a game and some sticks have already been handed out, those sticks will be deleted from players near the Herding NPC.
- Newly created characters will now start in Cotswold (Albion), Mularn (Midgard), or Mag Mell (Hibernia). The Shrouded Isles start location options have been removed.
SI Portal Updates
- The portals to the Shrouded Isles have been relocated. You can now find them outside the main cities near Cotswold, Mularn, and Mag Mell.
- The Shrouded Isles portal merchants now offer a scroll to the old portal locations near Adribard's Retreat, Nalliten, and Connla.
- Apprentice Ni'tul, Apprentice Felna, and Apprentice Drolg will teleport players to SI from the old portal locations.
- (Hibernia) All Lyricists are now Celts, instead of Elves.
- Base Trainers - We have temporarily moved most of the base trainers closer to the New User Quest giver (Master Frederick for Albion, Dalikor for Midgard, and Addrir for Hibernia). All base trainers will now notify players at levels 3 and 4 that they have a free full respec available to them at level 5 (given by the advanced trainers).
- Advanced Trainers - All advanced trainers will now notify players at levels 18, 19, 38 and 39 that they have a single line respec available to them at levels 20 and 40.
Quests - Albion
- Half Ogre, All Man - In Cotswold, a young Half Ogre apprentice named Madissair has fallen in love with the daughter of his guildmaster. He yearns to make his feelings known, but needs help to overcome his fear. Players level 5 and higher can approach Madissair and ask him about his crush. The young apprentice's fate rests on the choices players will make and he just may have an interesting reward for those willing to aid him.
- Dear Frustrated-in-Cornwall… – Commander Hayward has recently taken command of Cornwall Station's garrison and faces many obstacles in his effort to bring order and discipline to his troops. Unfortunately, not even Hayward's magical toys will obey him, and he's looking for players of at least level 30 to help him solve his problems.
Quests - Midgard
- Troll, Dark, and Handsome - In Mularn, a young Troll apprentice named Grumbald has fallen in love with the daughter of his guildmaster. He yearns to make his feelings known, but needs help to overcome his fear. Players level 5 and higher can approach Grumbald and ask him about his crush. The young apprentice's fate rests on the choices players make and he just may have an interesting reward for those willing to aid him.
- Where There's a Will… - Before his death, Dagnar the Dwarf hid his sons' inheritance and left a will in the form of a riddle. The inheritance was never claimed and Dagnar's battered old chest still sits in Haggerfel, waiting for someone to solve the riddle and claim the money. Players between level 30 and level 44 can right click on Dagnar's Battered Chest to investigate it.
Quests - Hibernia
- Beauty and the 'Bolg - In Mag Mell, a young Firbolg apprentice named Rhedoc has fallen in love with the daughter of his guildmaster. He yearns to make his feelings known, but needs help to overcome his fear. Players level 5 and higher can approach Rhedoc and ask him about his crush. The young apprentice's fate rests on the choices players make and he just may have an interesting reward for those willing to aid him.
- Gnome Away From Home - Glercyn believed that moving away from Tir na Nog to the quiet villages of Meath would shield him from the problems of city life. Shortly after his arrival, he began to encounter problems with his new neighbors. Recently, his favorite garden gnome has gone missing and with all of the trouble with his neighbors, Glercyn is in need of some assistance. Glercyn can be found at the entrance to the housing zones in Connacht and will ask players of level 30 and above for their help in his search for the missing garden gnome.
- The Piper's Price - A Phantasmal Wail staff has been added to the staff choices for this quest.
- Viraniel's Plague – Mordred players stuck on step 4 or step 5 because they are above the maximum level to enter the Spraggon Den can now encounter Eraliwyr in the mushroom ring south of the dungeon's entrance.
- The Vae Inimicus Diamond Ring, Vae Inimicus Emerald Ring, Vae Inimicus Sapphire Ring, and Vae Inimicus Ruby Ring (Albion) now have appropriate ring icons.
- All steeple hats available from Tailoring, NPC merchants, or drops have been renamed so that players from Gaheris and Mordred are better able to identify to which realm the hats belong, especially when shopping from consignment merchants. All Albion steeple hats should now include the adjective "quilted," all Midgard steeple hats should include the adjective "padded," and all Hibernia steeple hats should include the adjective "woven."
- The Luminescent Abrogo Stone can now be stacked to 25 count.
- (Midgard) The Icepick Spear, Wolf Pack Great Spear, Iced War Spear, and Sand-Edged Spear have been flagged for any class to use instead of just Hunters.
SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES
- (Hibernia) Sedric in Mag Mell will now sell staves for all types Hibernian focus casters. Sian still sells basic staves in Mag Mell.
- (Midgard) Raelyan and Lyna in Mularn now sell all types of Midgard caster focus staves. Lyna sells basic staves as well.
- (Albion) Cudbert Dalston still sells all types of focus staves in Cotswold and Samwel Hornly sells the basic staves.
Quests - Midgard
- Gem of the Dwarven King - Abjorn Onefoot has recently obtained a red gem suitable for Warlocks.
- Ota's Quest - Valkyries and Warlocks can now complete this quest and receive appropriate rewards.
- Clan Business – Warlocks will now need to turn in two Musslaklan Talismans to Karle Alfevson (like everyone else) instead of just one.
- The Crown of the Infidel (Albion) should now have the appropriate inventory icon.
TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES
Quests - General
- (Albion) Players stuck on the Daughter's Journey quest when they were killing Nackal should now advance as intended.
Quests - Oceanus
- The Naxos Society, 30-39 - All Catacombs classes can now obtain this quest from Noula.
Quests - Aerus
- Rumors have surfaced regarding the existence of a magical item which can reveal the general location of the Celestius portal. Players from all realms who have reached level 50 should form a band of three or four comrades and venture to the Haven of Aerus. There, the party can speak to Captain Chryse to begin the quest.
- Naxos marrow mages have had their pets slightly reduced in difficulty.
- Malamis will now drop the unbound Malice Axe when he dies. This change will prevent players whom did not gain the loot rights from picking up the Axe.
- The taur lancers whom would teleport and attack players attempting to assault Vazul's compound will now appear with less frequency.
- Players will now receive a small statue when beginning the fight with Agne. If the players fail to defeat the army, they can hand the statue to the constructor to attempt the encounter again, they no longer need to collect every statue piece. The statue will be destroyed on successful completion of the encounter.
- Players will no longer use the entire power crystal when starting the Talos encounter. If they fail to achieve victory, they can simply reuse the remaining crystal to attempt the encounter again. The crystal will be destroyed on successful completion of the encounter.
- Talos will now strike players for less damage when using some of his special attacks and the altheus Talos statues will heal less often.
- Rrionne and her reflection will no longer cower from players. This change will prevent her from walking through doors and walls.
Temple of Twilight
- When killing pregnant cobras for Antioos the Deceitful, the entire battlegroup will now receive credit at the same time.
- When killing gorgons for Antioos the Deceitful, the entire battlegroup will now receive credit for retrieving the sword at the same time.
- The quantity and frequency of barracudas and rays spawning in the intersections of tunnels in the Temple of Twilight has been decreased.
- Katorii will no longer fight other monsters while wandering her path.
- In response to player feedback, the artifacts that previously had less than a 50% chance to drop will now drop with almost every successful completion of the encounter. In some cases the spawn rate for the encounter has been decreased to balance the higher drop rate of the artifacts. The artifacts affected include Healer's Embrace, Ceremonial Bracer, Crocodile Tear Ring, Band of Stars, Scorpion Tail Ring, Scepter of the Meritorius, Eerie Darkness Stone, Traitor's dagger and Cloudsong.
- Artifact scrolls in Volcanus have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Siam-he up to level fifty now have a chance to drop any Volcanus scroll one. Siam-he and taurs level fifty-five and greater have a chance to drop any page of the Volcanus scrolls.
- Artifact scrolls in Aerus have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Centaurs and cyclops now have a chance to drop any page of the Aerus scrolls.
- The final named monster for each master level encounter will now drop a random scroll from their region. Draco will drop three scrolls from Aerus.
- Heretics may now activate Malice (as Malice's Mace), the Crocodile's Tears Ring, and Battler.
- Heretics can once again activate Bruiser. There was a bug that was preventing them from turning in the Bruiser book.
- Valkyries and Hunters may now activate the Golden Spear as a thrusting weapon. Those with the slashing version can return to Loremasters Trygve or Joakim and exchange it for the thrusting version. Please note that any levels/experience your Golden Spear has gained will be lost when it is traded in. New activations of the Golden Spear will be given the choice between slashing and thrusting. Those that choose slashing will NOT be able to trade it in later for a thrusting one.
- Valkyries and Hunters may now activate the Spear of Kings as a thrusting weapon. Those with the slashing version can return to Loremistress Agneta or Loremaster Jorian and exchange it for the thrusting version. The one-handed and two-handed sword versions can also be exchanged for a thrusting Spear of Kings. Please note that any levels/experience your Spear of Kings has gained will be lost when it is traded in. New activations of the Spear of Kings will be given the choice between a slashing and thrusting spear in addition to the one-handed and two-handed sword versions. Those that choose the slashing spear or either of the swords will NOT be able to trade it in later for a thrusting spear.
- Warlocks can now equip the Desert's Heat Gloves (the reward from the Wishes quest).
- The text message viewable to the target of the secondary proc on the Guard of Valor no longer incorrectly gives the impression that the spell snares its target.
- Lothissi's Crossbow now has the correct magic bonus
- The Robe of Aberrations now has a bonus to acuity cap instead of intelligence cap to better suit all cloth casters.
- The Robe of Phantasms and the Robe of Distortions have had their piety bonuses changed to acuity.
CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES
Zone Name Changes
- In the cases where the same zone names are used across realms such as Glashtin Forges, we have altered the zone names to reflect their realm; Albion's Glashtin Forges. In the case where a zone in one realm has a copy version such as The Otherworld in Hibernia and its offshoots in Midgard and Albion, the names are the same for the original zone but altered to reflect the realm for the other two; The Otherworld, Midgard's Otherworld, Albion's Otherworld.
Quests - General
- Realm identifiers have been added to the names of quests that involve certain zones so players on Gaheris and Mordred can identify which quests belong to which realm. The zones involved area: the Frontlines, Nyttheim, the Otherworld, the Queen's Labyrinth, the Deadlands of Annwn, the Lower Crypt, the Abandoned Mines, the Glashtin Forge, and the Underground Forest.
Quests - Albion
- Thrall Patrol - Only Plutonian Thralls will drop the backpacks needed for this quest.
- Helter-Smelter - Level 28-30 mini quest. Caradan is looking for an adventurer to travel from the Abandoned Mines into the Glashtin Forge to assist with his research. He is in need of a Glashtin Smelter hide for his studies.
- History Repeats Itself – Players on step 4 must use the Scroll of Teleportation in an Albion Catacombs zone. Players stuck on step 5 without a scroll can return to Guard Clorlin in the Deadlands of Annwn and obtain another scroll.
Quests - Midgard
- Darkwood Plans - Players will now be able to /search again on step 2 to summon Master Elgar if they fail to speak to him before he disappears.
- Cowardly Recruit (Levels 28-30) - Recruit Woban in the Underground Forest is looking for someone to help retrieve his sword from the Glashtin Forge.
Quests - Hibernia
- Guardian Thyv, in the Otherworld, needs some help tracking down a band of gnolls that ambushed him and his patrol. He is hesitant at asking the Shar forces for assistance, so he is seeking the assistance of a lone adventurer to aid him in this mission.
- Gift from the Forces - We have fixed a bug that was causing some players to receive the incorrect amount of experience for this quest.
- "Medicating Mumbles' Malady" mini quest level 28-30. Guard MacPheebs, in the Underground Forest, is looking for an adventurer to enter the Glashtin Forge. He is in need of a missing ingredient for his dog Mumbles' medicine.
- Due to player feedback, the number of dungeon layouts for dungeon tasks have been greatly expanded. Players will now be able to choose between labyrinthine style or long corridors when talking to the taskmasters. The long corridors are intended to provide more room to maneuver for ranged classes.
- The monsters inside the Passage of Echoes should no longer spawn right on top of players
Lower Crypt, Queen's Labyrinth, Nyttheim
- (All Realms) The aggression radius has been adjusted for most monsters in the three evil cities in each Realm.
- (Hibernia) Some of the areas of the Mines are a little less abandoned now.
- (All Realms) The glashtin goblins outside the entrance to the Glashtin Forges are more level appropriate.
- (Hibernia) Numsi shall no longer spawn in an invalid location.
- (Hibernia) The density of monster camps has been reduced slightly.
- (Hibernia) Salendra should now show a quest indicator.
- (Albion) Grokdal, Imchath and Bruatur have been adjusted in difficulty.
- (Midgard) Gracklar, Anluan and Ciardhal have been adjusted in difficulty.
- (Hibernia) The Krunorus encounter has been adjusted in difficulty and the spawn time adjusted to match the other encounters in the Underground Forest.
- (Albion) Players may no longer equip the Magical Bandage quest item.
- (Albion) Removed the erroneous bonus to Parry skill on the Spellbound Cobalt Studded Chest.
- (Albion) The Inquisitor's Robe of Expulsion will no longer be available as a drop from Imchath. Instead, a new version of the item will drop as a leather vest.
- (Albion) The Sunless Dweller's Longbow now has a level requirement of 49 instead of 55, which should allow the proc to function properly.
- (Albion) The weight of the Tormented Inconnu Scalps has been reduced to a more appropriate amount
- (Hibernia) Gloves appropriate for Vampiir have been added to the aurulite merchants.
- (Hibernia) The Stilleto of Deimo, Unhinged bow of Phobias and Diligent Shield of Curing will now proc correctly.
- (Hibernia) The Boss Staff of Infliction's focus level has been increased to 45 from 40.
- (Midgard) Because the effectiveness of the spell casting reduction bonus is limited to 1% per item, the Ring of Fleeting Spirits now has 1% to spell casting reduction, and increased hit points.
- (Midgard) The Staff of the Half Orc should now properly display a focus to all spell lines.
- (Midgard) Wesaul's Deft Cleaver should now drop as the correct level and DPS. This will not apply retroactively to any drops that occurred prior to the fix.
- The default minimum price on Market Explorer searches is now 1 copper instead of "Don't Care" to return only items with prices. To search for items without prices, players may still change the setting down to 0 copper.
- A new housing zone has been introduced in each realm.
Albion - Sherborne
Midgard - Nittedal
Hibernia - Moycullen
- We have added an NPC to each entrance of the capital cities to aid players in their adventuring. The NPCs can grant hastener speed and a 30 minute duration strength buff. The strength buff is automatically removed if the player leaves the capital city before the buff expires.
||Tir na Nog
- We have added an NPC to each of the Shrouded Isles cities to aid players in their adventuring. The NPCs can grant hastener speed.
||Grove of Domnann
- The level 1-10 safety flag has been enabled for the Burial Grounds, Aqueducts, and Veil Rift zones in Catacombs.
February 7, 2005 - v1.74f Test Release Notes (follow link please)
February 4, 2005 - v1.74e Test Release Notes (follow link please)
February 3, 2005 - v1.74d Test Release Notes (follow link please)
February 2, 2005 - v1.74c Test Release Notes (follow link please)